Hello Anjana,

Yes, it should be possible to copy DSpace itself from a Centos Linux system
to an Ubuntu system.  DSpace will work on any Operating System.

However, you should be very careful to look at any changes in the software
DSpace requires as prerequisites (Java, Maven, Ant, Database, Tomcat).

So, for example, if the version of PostgreSQL (or Oracle) database changes,
you may need to export from the old database and reimport into the new one
(using database tools like "pg_dump" for Postgres).  Additionally, if you
are using a different version of Maven, Java or Ant, you may need to
completely recompile DSpace (mvn package) and redeploy it (ant update) on
the new system.  Finally, if you are using a different version of Tomcat
(or similar), you may need to check that any previous Tomcat configurations
will work on the new version (look at the Tomcat upgrade notes).

So, this sort of OS change should be fine.  I'd recommend doing it on a
test/demo server first though, to ensure it all goes smoothly.  Then you'll
know what to look out for when you do it in Production.

Tim

On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 10:35 PM <anjana.bun...@paruluniversity.ac.in>
wrote:

> Currently our DSpace  is running on Centos Linux Operating System. Now we
> want to change our operating system .i.e. Ubuntu 18.04 for DSpace. Is it
> possible to take backup from Centos and restore in Ubuntu?

Tim Donohue
Technical Lead for DSpace & DSpaceDirect
DuraSpace.org | DSpace.org | DSpaceDirect.org