I would like to propose that a method for changing a user's DSpace password
be added to the DSpace admin tools.  I know it is possible to change a
password using the "forgot password" link, but that requires access to the
user's email.  In addition, it requires access to the "forgot password"
link, which does not show up when the system uses only Shibboleth
authentication.  In this case, a user that is actually a program signing
into the Sword module might use DSpace password authentication, even though
that option is not available on the web interface.  So in order to get the
"forgot password" link, an administrator must enable password auth and
produce an authentication menu which might confuse a normal user.  If the
program's email address is a list serve group, the members of the group
have to be notified in advance not to click on the "reset password" link in
the upcoming email.  Finally, if the recipient is unlucky enough to have
Microsoft Outlook Safelinks, the "reset password' link might not work at
all.