Dear Claudia,
      I have tried to test the crosswalk with a test item.
The result is this :
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<resource xmlns="http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-3";
xmlns:dspace="http://www.dspace.org/xmlns/dspace/dim";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://datacite.org/schema/kernel-3
http://schema.datacite.org/meta/kernel-3/metadata.xsd";>
  <creators>
    <creator>
      <creatorName>prova, doi</creatorName>
    </creator>
  </creators>
  <titles>
    <title>doi</title>
  </titles>
  <publisher>Universita' degli studi di Salerno</publisher>
  <publicationYear>2000</publicationYear>
  <contributors>
    <contributor contributorType="DataManager">
      <contributorName>Universita' degli studi di Salerno</contributorName>
    </contributor>
    <contributor contributorType="HostingInstitution">
      <contributorName>Universita' degli studi di Salerno</contributorName>
    </contributor>
  </contributors>
  <dates>
    <date dateType="Accepted">2019-02-19</date>
    <date dateType="Available">2019-02-19</date>
    <date dateType="Created">1980-01-02</date>
    <date dateType="Issued">2000-02-02</date>
  </dates>
  <alternateIdentifiers>
    <alternateIdentifier
alternateIdentifierType="uri">http://hdl.handle.net/10556/3156</alternateIdentifier>
  </alternateIdentifiers>
</resource>
I haven't inserted all the fields.
For now I can't see the doi url on the item page.
How I can see if the doi is minted?
On the DataCite Site for now this item does't appear.

Thanks
Best regards
Massimiliano