Thank you for your response!
Actually I found out that the problem is due to the local.cfg file
encoding. If we created(edited) the local.cfg file using wordpad or other
non code editing software, it changes the file encoding. So when ant tries
to load the local configuration file ( due to the line  <property file=
"${local-config}" /> in the *dspace-installer/ build.xml* file, it expects
ASCII character encoded, .cfg file. So when it gets the UTF encoded file
the exception raises.
*Solution:*
remove the local.cfg file, create it again using a code editing softwares
like Visual Studio code or other, and edit/write the necessary
configuration settings.