Hello Herminarto,

As noted in my previous email, I'd recommend looking at how the embargo is
set on the item and checking to see if errors are displayed in your log
files (when you set a new embargo).  It's possible the date format is a
problem, but it's also possible something else is going on here.  I'm
hoping additional clues can help us (on this list) figure out how to help
you.

So, again, you might want to look more closely at the "start_date" set on
the policy for the embargoed Item.  Embargoes in DSpace essentially act as
an access policy that doesn't trigger until a particular date has passed.
You can see that "start_date" in the Admin Edit Item screens.  Here's a
guide on where to find this information:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/Embargo#Embargo-ManagingEmbargoesonexistingItems

I've just retested this feature on our Demo site (
http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/), which is also running DSpace 6.3.  The date
should work under any of those formats (the text there looks to be slightly
incorrect).  So, the formats YYYY, YYYY-MM, YYYY-MM-DD *and* MM/DD/YYYY are
all acceptable date formats.  I also verified that if I submit a document
on the demo site, and set an embargo date of 03/31/2019 (March 31, 2019),
then the embargo takes effect immediately.  If I logout and attempt to
access the newly embargoed item, then I am sent to a page that says "This
item is restricted".

Here's the Item that I just submitted and embargoed:
http://demo.dspace.org/xmlui/handle/10673/224  If you login as the Demo
Administrator (email:  dspacedemo+ad...@gmail.com , password: dspace) then
you will be able to see that item.  But, as an anonymous user, you'll see
the "This item is restricted" page.

So, I'm not sure exactly what could be happening on your local instance.
I'd recommend checking your logs for errors and also verify that the
"start_date" is being set to the embargo date on the Item policies.  Maybe
there will be clues available there that could help us all figure out the
problem.

Good luck,
Tim