Dear Ashim,

the answer of your first question find you here:
https://wiki.duraspace.org/display/DSDOC6x/REST+API#RESTAPI-DisablingSSL

To your second question: Maybe you run maven/ant once as root, so there
are some files which assign to the root user. If not you have to look
into the 'chmod' documentation. It has nothing to do with the DSpace
installation itself.

Kind regards,

Paul Münch

Am 05.04.19 um 18:09 schrieb Ashim Kapoor:
> Dear all,
>
> Can someone please help me ?
>
> Thank you,
> Ashim
>
> On Thu, 4 Apr 2019 at 16:52, Ashim Kapoor <ashim.kap...@nipfp.org.in
> <mailto:ashim.kap...@nipfp.org.in>> wrote:
>
>     Dear All,
>
>     I am installing DSPACE 6 on Debian 9 in a virtual machine.
>
>     I am accessing the virtual machine from my computer.
>
>     Query 1 :
>
>     The REST page located at :
>
>     https://192.100.30.66:8080/rest
>
>     responds with :-
>
>     Secure Connection Failed
>     An error occurred during a connection to 192.100.30.66:8080
>     <http://192.100.30.66:8080>. SSL received a record that exceeded
>     the maximum permissible length. Error code:
>     SSL_ERROR_RX_RECORD_TOO_LONG
>         The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
>     authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
>         Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.
>
>     How can I fix this problem?
>
>     2. My second query is :
>
>     I did (prior to running maven and ant ) :
>     chmod g+s [dspace]
>
>     (This command ensures that the newly created files will inherit
>     the permissions of the parent folder.)
>
>     Then I did this :-
>     chown -R tomcat8:tomcat8 [dspace]
>
>     Then I did mvn and ant and the folder had permissions root and
>     tomcat8 in place of tomcat8 and tomcat8
>     I still had to do chown -R tomcat8:tomcat8 [dspace] to make jspui
>     work.
>     Why is this ? It should have inherited the permissions. Can
>     someone please explain ?
>
>     Many thanks,
>     Ashim

Philipps-Universität Marburg | UB
Digitale Dienste | Deutschhausstraße 9 | D018
Tel. +49 06421 28-24624