Kia ora,

We’ve got a situation where:

·         we need to rebuild our keyword index;

·         /dspace index-discovery -b takes some unknown multiple of days; and

·         we have a backup outage each midnight, interrupting the reindex
part-way through.

The obvious option is to turn off the backup outage until the job is complete;
if we have to, we have to.

But… is there another way?
Is there a way of knowing when the job is complete (or, while it’s running, of
knowing how far along it is)?
Is there a way of resuming a half-completed indexing job?
Is there a way of… like, splitting the indexing job up into sections? Somehow.
IDK.

(If you can’t already tell, I don’t really *understand* the system, I just run
the commands we’ve always run in the past...)

Deborah
––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Deborah Fitchett
Head of Department: Digital Services

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––
Library, Teaching and Learning – Te Wharepūrākau
PO Box 85064, Lincoln University
Lincoln 7647, Christchurch, New Zealand
+64 3 423 0358
deborah.fitch...@lincoln.ac.nz<mailto:deborah.fitch...@lincoln.ac.nz>
ltl.lincoln.ac.nz

Lincoln University
Te Whare Wānaka o Aoraki

"The contents of this e-mail (including any attachments) may be confidential
and/or subject to copyright. Any unauthorised use, distribution, or copying of
the contents is expressly prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please advise the sender by return e-mail or telephone and then delete
this e-mail together with all attachments from your system."