Hi again,

> Does anyone have any thoughts, suggestions, pointers etc on how I might
> resolve this issue

I think I may have (finally!) stumbled on the 'root' of the problem - it looks
like it was a permissions issue (argh!).

I finally realised that /tmp/DSpaceHibernateCache and its contents were owned
by root - I chowned these to tomcat8:tomcat8 (the user my dspace runs as) and
it looks like things have started to work again (I tested ./dspace sub-daily
and the subscription email was sent this time!).

So, apologies for the noise - I'm not at all sure how (or when) these
permissions may have got set wrong, but hopefully (at the very least), if
anyone else hits this problem then this thread will help them resolve the issue!

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
Senior Developer