On Wed, Jan 01, 2020 at 03:03:18AM -0800, Arunendra M. Biswas wrote:
> I am using DSpace 5.9 with XMLUI theme.
>
> My client institution requests for the items to be uploaded to multiple
> hard disks or multiple servers, connected via LAN, due to shortage of
> storage space in their server.
> I understand that this means multiple asset stores.
>
> How can I link multiple asset store to a single DSpace instance?

See
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC5x/Storage+Layer#StorageLayer-BitstreamStore
for background on the organization of asset storage in DSpace and for
information on configuring multiple assetstores.  It is most likely
that you are using "Traditional Storage" rather than SRB.

But there is another possibility.  You may be able to use your OS'
"logical volume management" layer to treat multiple physical storage
volumes (including remote ones across a network) as a single large
pool of storage blocks, and create a large logical volume that is
spread across many physical disks.  That is how I would address the
problem, if the OS feature is available.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library