Dear Glenn,

We were able to reproduce your problem by creating the patch through the
GitHub UI compare. The problem is that it comes through as straight text
this way, whereas we would need a .patch file if we want the file with the
ORCID badge to be included as well.

To mitigate the issue, we have created the relevant patch files for both
DSpace 5 and 6. We have also updated the download link in the patch
documentation so that it links to those patches instead of the compare
view. For reference, here is the link for the DSpace 6 version:
https://github.com/atmire/expanded-ORCID-support/blob/master/patches/dspace_6x.patch
. In case you would like to create the patch yourself, you can find the
instructions on how to do this here:
https://atmire.github.io/expanded-ORCID-support/#/prerequisites?id=download-patch
.

If you try to apply the patch with the .patch file, the ORCID badge file
should be added correctly. Please do let me know if this does not work.

Best wishes,

Jolien