On Mon, Feb 17, 2020 at 05:28:04PM -0500, Jose Blanco wrote:
> I'm getting this error:
>
> Caused by: org.dspace.discovery.SearchServiceException: Server refused
> connection at: http://dev.deepblue.lib.umich.edu/solr/search
>

> Do I need to do something to enable this connection?

I would check the value of solr.server in 'config/dspace.cfg' and the
value of discovery.search.server in 'config/modules/discovery.cfg',
and see whether 'LocalHostRestrictionFilter.localhost' is set 'false'
in your Solr Context.  By default, DSpace installs Solr with a filter
that denies access except from the local host (127.0.0.1, ::1).  An
attempt to connect to that Solr instance at a public address, such as
that of dev.deepblue.lib.umich.edu, would be rejected, because it
requires the request to be *sent from* an address other than a loopback
address.

If this is the problem, then I would either reconfigure DSpace to
contact Solr via 'localhost', or disable the filter and protect Solr
from outside access by other means such as a host firewall or Tomcat's
RemoteAddrValve.

I do find it convenient to allow connections to development instances
of Solr from a few other internal hosts.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library