Dear All,

I am reading this
<https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC6x/Installing+DSpace>

At one place it says :
# Change [dspace] and all subfolders to be owned by "tomcat"
chown -R tomcat:tomcat [dspace]

At another place it says :
mkdir [dspace]
chown dspace [dspace]

I think that FIRST we have to do :-

1. chown dspace [dpspace]
2. Then run maven and ant

When I am building the webapp using maven and ant the user dspace needs
ownership over the [dspace] directory.

Once it is built, THEN we should do :-

chown -R tomcat:tomcat [dspace]

So that tomcat has permissions over dspace directory.

Do I understand this correctly?

Query: Suppose after running maven and ant, I do:-

cp -R [dspace]/webapps/* [tomcat]/webapps*

Then does tomcat still need to have permissions over [dpsace] ? In other
words, do I still need to do:-

chown -R tomcat:tomcat [dspace]

Please clarify.

Best Regards,