We are running some Dspace instances with java1.8  and *Dspace 4*,*5* & 6

Due to cross-requirements from diverse integrations with: security headers, Office365, LDAP and Twitter,  we opt in Dspace 5.x  for versions  greater than  java 1.8.0_112   but less than 1.8.0_161

in Dspace 4 we are running a Java version 1.8.0-231 without any issues (LDAP authetication )

if you need more information, don´t doubt contact me.

Emilio

Stay safe, stay at home.