On Mon, Aug 09, 2021 at 08:21:01AM -0700, Steli Vali wrote:
> I am testing DSpace 7, and I want to enable https. Unfortunately the
> instructions online are not so detailed and I am confused.
> I am using dspace.server.url = " http//my-repo.com:8009/server " instead of
> "http://localhost:8080/server"; in the local.cfg file.

8009 is the AJP port.  That's only for the proxy link between Apache
HTTPD and Tomcat.  HTTP won't work there, and you should have that port
firewalled from end users anyway.  (I have my proxy links set up on
'localhost' (127.0.0.1 or ::1) just to make certain that they cannot
leak out of the server.)

Try 'https://my-repo.com/server'.

Oops!  Too many zeroes. ----------------------------------------^

> When I try to access the backend via https://my-repo.com:443/server, I get
> an error.

What error is that?  Details will be helpful.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library