After installing DSpace 7, I created an administrator account, but am
unable to log in using those credentials; I get the error: 'invalid email
or password'.

I am able to use those credentials to log into the HAL Browser, however.

I'm using a VM on a remote server with the following URLs:

http://10.4.36.43:8080/server/
http://10.4.36.43

I have Nginx configured to proxy port 4000.

I checked the Network tab of Firefox's Dev Tools, and saw CORS Failed
errors, and the DSpace installation documentation,

   - By default, the DSpace REST API / Backend will only trust the
   application at dspace.ui.url.  Therefore, you should first verify that
   your dspace.ui.url setting (in your local.cfg) exactly matches the
   *primary* *URL* of your User Interface (i.e. the URL you see in the
   browser).  This must be an exact match: mode (http vs https), domain, port,
   and subpath(s) all must match.
   - If you need to trust *additional* client applications / URLs, those
   MUST be added to the rest.cors.allowed-origins configuration. See REST
   API <https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/REST+API> for details on
   this configuration.

So I added these to the foot of my local.cfg and restarted tomcat:

rest.cors.allow-origins = ${dspace.ui.url}
rest.cors.allow-origins = http://localhost
rest.cors.allow-origins = http://10.4.36.43:4000
rest.cors.allow-origins = http://10.4.36.43
rest.cors.allow-origins = http://localhost:8080
rest.cors.allow-origins = localhost:8080

But that doesn't seem to have helped:

[image: Selection_021.png]
These are my configurations:

src/environments/environment.prod.ts:
export const environment = {
  ui: {
      ssl: false,
      host: 'localhost',
      port: 4000,
      nameSpace: '/'
  },
  rest: {
      ssl: false,
      host: 'localhost',
      port: 8080,
      nameSpace: '/server'
  }
};

/dspace/config/local.cfg:
dspace.dir=/dspace
dspace.server.url = http://localhost:8080/server
dspace.ui.url = http://localhost:4000

/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default:
        location / {
                proxy_pass      http://localhost:4000;
                proxy_http_version 1.1;
                proxy_set_header Upgrade $http_upgrade;
                proxy_set_header Connection ‘upgrade’;
                proxy_set_header Host $host;
                proxy_cache_bypass $http_upgrade;
                proxy_set_header HOST $http_host;
                proxy_set_header X-NginX-Proxy true;
                proxy_set_header X-Forwarded-Proto $scheme;
        }

Any ideas where I've gone wrong?

Sean