Following the DSpace 7.1 installation guide here,
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace, I am unable to
proceed past step 4.a.  When I run "yarn config:check:rest", it produces
this error message:

ERROR connecting to REST API
Error: write EPROTO 140676344637312:error:1408F10B:SSL
routines:ssl3_get_record:wrong version
number:../deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/record/ssl3_record.c:332:

My environment.prod.ts:

export const environment = {
  ui: {
      ssl: false,
      host: 'localhost',
      port: 4000,
      nameSpace: '/'
  },
  rest: {
      ssl: true,
      host: 'test.ourschool.edu',
      port: 8080,
      nameSpace: '/server',
  },
};

If I change the "rest: ssl:" to false, the yarn check passes, but then I am
unable to log in via the user interface.  It looks like an SSL problem, but
I don't understand where the REST server or the Angular front end are
supposed to find their SSL certificates.  Is it the Java keystore, or the
operating system certificate store, or somewhere else?  Do both the front
end and the back end use the same certificate store, or does it depend on
which user each runs under?

My operating system is Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, using Tomcat 9.

Thanks for any assistance.

Glenn