Out of the box added custom metadata to submitted/uploaded/ingested items
should be searchable if Solr discovery is reindexed after the items are
submitted ( [dspace]/bin/dspace index-discovery ). I had no problem finding
any custom added metadata or the specific values of these metadata's using
Boolean Operators too ( an email address for instance ).