You'd need to look for the underlying error message, which will either be
in the User Interface or the backend logs.  Here's our troubleshooting
guide:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Without the underlying error message, it's almost impossible for anyone to
help.  The underlying error message will tell others what is going on in
your system.

Once you find it, you can check if it's already something someone has
encountered by searching this list.  If not, then send it to this list for
more support.

Tim