Hi,

A 500 error usually means that there's an error on the backend.  Check your
DSpace logs for details of that error.  See our Troubleshooting Guide for
details on where to find error messages, etc:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

Since it's a new install, it's possible the error you locate may be listed
in our Common Installation Issues:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-CommonInstallationIssues

Tim