Marie-Hélène, it seems the existing 6.x ability to facet during browse was
only available in the XMLUI (not JSPUI), and the DSpace 7.x frontend seems
to draw more from JSPUI.  So as I understand it, the ability to
filter/facet is only available for search results, not while browsing
communities or collections. These 2 threads have some additional details:

     https://groups.google.com/g/dspace-tech/c/Dlyuxgd2Ci0/m/L1eyYkAGAwAJ
     https://groups.google.com/g/dspace-tech/c/Ba0_imRV4_E/m/lWSsIAOTAAAJ

- Darryl