Hi,

Is it possible that you are trying to access this Docker setup from a
non-localhost URL?  If so, that'd be the the issue.  As we've noted, these
images are not production ready, and while it would be possible to get them
running on a non-localhost URL, they won't work that way out-of-the-box.
The basic instructions you link to will only work when running the Docker
images from localhost and accessing them from http://localhost:4000/ (and
similar) in your web browser.

For any "production like" Docker setup, you will need to minimally modify
the configuration of these running Docker containers.  We don't currently
have detailed instructions on how to do this, because these images were all
created for development purposes only.  More than likely, you'd need to
startup the frontend & backend *separately* using the approach noted
here:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/main/dspace/src/main/docker-compose#run-dspace-7-rest-and-angular-from-local-branches

You'd also likely need to modify the configuration of the backend Docker
container to allow it to run from a non-localhost URL.  This would require
possibly creating a local.cfg in the [dspace-src]/dspace/config/ directory
which would sync to the container, as described
here:
https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/tree/main/dspace/src/main/docker-compose#modify-dspace-configuration-in-docker

Unfortunately, the reality here is that you are likely hitting issues
related to the fact that these images aren't production ready.  While it
**is possible** to run DSpace 7 on Docker in Production (and you could base
your Production install on these images), you will need to likely modify
the images or their configuration directly to do so...and we don't have
instructions for that.  This is why we have the warning saying "These
images are not production ready".

If you have more specific questions, or if I've misunderstood your setup,
please let us know on this mailing list.  If I have misunderstood the
issue, then you may need to debug the 500 error being returned by using the
Troubleshooting
guide:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

 This might require having to SSH into the running Docker container to see
what is also in the DSpace logs.

Tim