This is something that I'm seeing in my local repository, but can also
reproduce in the demo site. I figured I'd check before submitting a bug
report.

If you search for a term (like "schools"), you get some results:
https://demo7.dspace.org/search?query=schools

Let's say you go to the 7th page of the results:
https://demo7.dspace.org/search?query=schools&spc.page=7

>From that page, if you type a new term into the search bar ("All of
DSpace") or the magnifying glass search at the upper right, DSpace will
repeat the search -- but will hang on to whatever page you were at:

[image: image.png]

For example: if you search for "kittens", it will search to see whether
DSpace has a page 7 for "kitten" results, and it will tell you that there
are no results.

https://demo7.dspace.org/search?query=kittens&spc.page=7

But -- if you go back to the homepage, and then search for "kittens", then
you *do* get results: https://demo7.dspace.org/search?query=kittens

Is this a known bug? I don't see it on the Github site, but figured I'd
check before I submitted a ticket.

Thanks,
Paige

---------------------
*Meeting/regular work hours: Monday - Thursday, 9am-5pm; limited email on
Friday mornings.*

Dr. Paige C. Morgan
(she/her/they)
Digital Publishing and Copyright Librarian,
Head of Digital Initiatives & Preservation
University of Delaware Library, Museums and Press (on Lenape land
<https://native-land.ca/maps/territories/lenape/>)
Morris 118
ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8076-7356
paig...@udel.edu
302.831.7153

Make an appointment to meet with me: https://calendly.com/paigecm/ (Meetings
available via Zoom, phone, etc.)
*** I observe email-free evenings and weekends. ***