Hi,

Thanks for reporting this!  It appears that the regular expression we are
using to validate the email address is not accepting uppercase letters.
Not sure how this slipped by, but I've just created a bug ticket for it
here: https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues/1983

I've also fixed it in this PR:
https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/pull/1984.  This fix should likely
be in 7.5 (due in Feb).  In the meantime, you could update that Regex
manually in your codebase & rebuild/redeploy the User Interface if you need
it sooner.

Tim