Hello,

We have an installation with significant delays in collection role assignment.
We are using Dspace version 6.4 - Mirage interface, Java 1.8 and Tomcat 7.
The repository has 425 collections and about 300 communities and subcommunities.
For each collection we would have to create at least four roles:
Collection_ADMIN, Collection_SUBMIT, Collection_DEFAULT_READ,
Collection_ACCEPT_REJECT_EDIT
and assign to these roles the corresponding user groups.
The delay does not seem to be caused by the server's resources. Java and
database do not consume a lot of memory nor CPU.
We have already dealt with an issue in browses indexes. Some users when
clicking on ''Browse by Title'', faced the following error
org.apache.solr.search.SyntaxErrOR

: Cannot parse 'read:
(g6dd1bad0-6fd0-4ded-b89a-7b9c1bd77633 OR
 e8681e100-c784-4b29-be0f-753237fbf158 OR
l23434ecb-8908-4c57-b82a-6dde422068c6 OR
lde565b61-03b1-4d7f-bacd-65f1dd62c214)': too many boolean clauses
We corrected that by increasing <maxBooleanClauses> property in
/dspace/solr/search/solrconfig.xml

Am I right to assume that the delays might be due to SOLR not been tuned for
such a number of collection-roles-user-groups?
Has anyone experience with such a repository or SOLR tuning?

Thank you,

Kiriaki Roditi
Systems Engineer