hi all-

(posted in slack too, apologies for duplication. hoping to get some eyes on
this!)
in the middle of our migration to 7 (launch on friday [image:
:crossed_fingers:]) and something surfaced that we missed before: we do a
lot of metadata editing of items in the UI after upload, and currently
metadata fields that already exist in our dc metadata registry (migrated
over from DS6) cannot be added to items when editing metadata, instead you
get an error that says "Please choose a valid metadata field".

I can create altogether new fields in the registry and then add them to
items just fine.

*TLDR:* adding dc.format (a field that comes default with DSpace and is in
our dc registry but not a default field for each item display) results in
an error, but adding dc.bagels (a field I just added to our metadata
registry) works perfectly. can someone advise?

*note:* I tried to add "organization.identifier" (an out of the box field
in DS7 intended for configurable entities) to an item and it threw the same
complaint/failure as our migrated, desirable fields.

please advise!
Erica