Hi Katy,

It could be related to the following OAI setting:

# OAI persistent identifier prefix
# This field is used for two purposes:
# 1. As your OAI-PMH <repositoryIdentifier>
# 2. As the prefix for all Identifiers in OAI-PMH (Format is
"oai:${oai.identifier.prefix}:${handle.prefix}")
# The OAI-PMH spec requires this prefix to correspond to your site's
hostname. Therefore, by default,
# DSpace will set this configuration to the hostname from your
${dspace.ui.url} configuration.
# However, you may override that default value by uncommenting this
configuration.
# oai.identifier.prefix = YOUR_SITE_HOSTNAME

You can try setting the oai.identifier.prefix setting to "mydomainxx.org"
(following your example), restart dspace server and also run the dspace oai
clean-cache command line.

Best,
Agustina