Hi,

That error almost seems to imply that, either Solr is not setup properly,
or somehow you have an Item that has *no* last modified date.  If some
objects appear to index properly (and you are not seeing a ton of errors in
your dspace.log file), that's likely a sign that Solr may be working
properly overall.   In that case, you may want to check your "item"
database table to see if you somehow have an entry in there with an empty
or null "last_modified" column.

Otherwise, I'd recommend looking at our troubleshooting guide
(https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove))

or double checking that Solr is setup properly per the install/upgrade
instructions at https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace
and https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Upgrading+DSpace

We also do have a guide for migrating from older versions on an old server,
if that is more
helpful:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Migrating+DSpace+to+a+new+server

If none of that helps, we may need more information on your setup and which
parts of the upgrade are "working" already.

Tim