On Mon, Aug 21, 2023 at 02:59:08PM -0700, DSpace Technical Support wrote:
> Hi Lewatle,
>
> It appears to me that the "--modify" option for that "./dspace user"
> command doesn't support "--password".  See the docs
> here:
> https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Managing+User+Accounts#ManagingUserAccounts-Tomodifyanaccount:
>
> I think the only way to modify a password via the backend would likely be
> via the REST API.  Here's the endpoint where you could do
> so: https://github.com/DSpace/RestContract/blob/main/epersons.md#add
>
> Tim
>
> On Monday, August 21, 2023 at 7:22:46 AM UTC-5 joem...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Dear All,
> >
> > I would like to change or update password for user over command mode, I
> > have tried this line of code from bin directory, ./dspace user --modify -m
> > e...@example.com --password 202308000 please update where possible.

'dspace user' has no '--password' option.

'bin/dspace user --modify --newPassword should prompt for a new
password:

mwood@mhw ~/dspaces/earchive7.4 $ bin/dspace user -M -h
usage: user --modify [options]
 -c,--requireCertificate <arg>   if 'true', an X.509 certificate will be
                                 required for login
 -C,--canLogIn <arg>             'true' if the user can log in
 -g,--givenname <arg>            the person's actual first or personal
                                 name
 -h,--help                       explain --modify options
 -i,--newEmail <arg>             new email address
 -I,--newNetid <arg>             new network ID
 -l,--language <arg>             the person's preferred language
 -M,--modify                     modify an EPerson
 -m,--email <arg>                the user's email address, empty for none
 -n,--netid <arg>                network ID associated with the person,
                                 empty for none
 -s,--surname <arg>              the person's actual last or family name
 -t,--telephone <arg>            telephone number, empty for none
 -w,--newPassword                prompt for new password

If this does not work, please report it as a bug.

--
Mark H. Wood
Lead Technology Analyst

University Library