Hi Tim
Your patch works. At least the scripts ends in 56 minutes instead of not
ending properly after 17 hours.

Thanks a lot

This is the dialog

# *time ./bin/dspace update-handle-prefix 10230 123456789*

Getting information about handles from database...
In your repository will be updated 47316 handles to new prefix 123456789
from original 10230!

Servlet container (e.g. Apache Tomcat, Jetty, Caucho Resin) must be running.
If it is necessary, please make a backup of the database.
Are you ready to continue? [y/n]: y

Updating handle table... 47316 items updated
Updating metadatavalues table... 831 metadata values updated
Handles successfully updated in database.

Re-creating browse and search indexes...
The script has started
(Re)building index from scratch.
Done with indexing
The script has completed