Hello Salony,

as far as I know, the metrics functions are only part of DSpace-CRIS and not of generic DSpace, so I assume, you are using DSpace-CRIS? For the NPE I have provided a PR some time ago, which should fix that: https://github.com/4Science/DSpace/pull/341. For us this is working fine, however, I cannot guarantee that and it has not been approved by 4Science yet.

Hope that helps, best
Oliver