Hi,

I'd recommend using our Troubleshooting Guide to find the exact error that
occurs when something is "not working".  The errors are very important as
they will provide hints as to where the configuration problem may
be.
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSPACE/Troubleshoot+an+error#Troubleshootanerror-DSpace7.x(orabove)

My suspicion is that you will find one of these "Common Installation
Issues", in which case the answer you seek is documented
here:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/Installing+DSpace#InstallingDSpace-CommonInstallationIssues

If you do not find one of those common installation issues, then feel free
to share the error details here and I'm sure someone can provide more
advice.

Tim