Hi all,

Hello everyone,

DSpace 7.6 users reported an issue with an empty thumbnail of the deposited
PDF file. Analysis of the problem showed an error in the log - several
entries in a row about the content:

ERROR unknown unknown org.apache.pdfbox.contentstream.PDFStreamEngine @
Cannot read JPEG2000 image: Java Advanced Imaging (JAI) Image I/O Tools are
not installed

As I understand it, the deposited PDF file contains images in JPEG2000
format and therefore DSpace has a problem generating the correct thumbnail.

How can we get out of this situation? Thank you in advance for any
suggestions.

Regards,
Mariusz