Hi folks,

Pre-amble: we are running DSpace 7.5, pretty standard configurations.

We have some collections that have IP auth configured in that we assign a group
based on IP address and that group gets READ access to certain things Anonymous
users don't. This works as expected when the user is physically present on the
campus network.

We also have a very basic EZProxy stanza for our DSpace that only proxies the
front end because we just get 500 errors when trying to proxy the backend, and
best I can tell that's mostly CORS errors.

The group permissions are not being applied as expected so authorized users are
not being allowed to view content. From looking at the network calls, it looks
like the calls for authorization are happening client-side and coming from the
client's IP rather than the EZProxy IP since it's hitting the backend.

Does anybody have a working EZProxy stanza that works for IP-based group
assignment, or an idea otherwise that might allow for off-campus access to
IP-bound items?

I'm happy to provide more specific information, but logs have not been super
helpful here either and have very little in them I have found pointing to this
situation.

Thanks,

Ed Hill

Pronouns: He/Him  (pronoun statement<https://pronouns.colostate.edu/>)

Developer and Applications Administrator

(970) 491-3197

Colorado State University Libraries

[cid:c57e0bc1-978e-49f6-9478-943a3875f799]