Hi,

Someone else recently ran into this odd error in our Slack.  We've tracked
it down to being a Solr connection issue.  See this bug ticket which
describes the entire problem: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/issues/9217

Basically, there should be a logged ERROR *before* this
NullPointerException which is the *real error*.  It will likely say that
your DSpace backend isn't able to connect to Solr.