Thanks, Michael! Your suggestion to use {{ parseUrl(eURL.value.value) } is
correct! It turns out that my helper function is to blame. I modified it to
just use regex. Below is my function in case others might be interested to
use it. The code I used is based on the second option of this answer from
Stackoverflow: https://stackoverflow.com/a/54947757/1919069 since I had no
luck using the first option.

  parseUrl(url: string) {
    const regex = url.match(/^https?\:\/\/([^\/?#]+)(?:[\/?#]|$)/i);
    return regex && regex[1];
    }

Thanks again and best regards!
euler