Hi Milos,

Off the top of my head, I don't know exactly how this code is written.
But, I wanted to point out that you can easily *see* every REST API call
made from the DSpace User Interface in your web browser's Dev Tools as
described
here:
https://wiki.lyrasis.org/display/DSDOC7x/REST+API#RESTAPI-FindingwhichRESTAPIEndpointtouse

So, you can use that tool from the User Interface, and see exactly which
REST API endpoints are called.  Then, search for those endpoints in the
backend codebase to see exactly how those endpoints are running the Solr
search.  (Sorry, I don't know this info off the top of my head and won't
have time to look into it today.  But, hopefully if someone else *does*
they'll respond to this thread.)

Regardless, I'd recommend logging this as a usability bug in
https://github.com/DSpace/dspace-angular/issues.  If you are able to find a
fix, please do send it our way and we'll add it to a future release.  If
not, that new ticket could be a place to help us find if anyone else has
found a fix or is willing to help develop one.

Tim