Hej!

there is another possibility: you can set the user and password in the command line via "dspace create-administrator" and later change the privileges of the account via the UI.

However, getting dspace-mail running inside the docker container is a bit tricky. If you have a SMTP client running on your host, you'll can address it via "host.docker.internal".  You have to add "--add-host=host.docker.internal:host-gateway" to your docker-run command, so every request to your host can be routed through this address. After that, you have to allow port 25 in the firewall of the host for your docker-network IP-range and perhaps also modify the setting of your mail client. That's how it worked for us.

Kind regards,
Eike.