Hello Everyone,

We're considering how to begin ingesting dissertations and theses into DSpace.
I've looked at the Tapir add-on, and it appears it would suffice for our needs.
 I have a few questions, though.

First, we're running DSpace 1.4.0 (soon moving to 1.4.1), and it hasn't (yet)
been updated to work with it.  (It looks like there are plans to make it work
with the coming AddOn Mech, but the fire's under my seat now, so.)

Second, looking at the code, it appears that many things from the Tapir add-on
have made it into the core, but I'm not sure how much.  Any info there would be
useful.

I know that things can move slowly, particularly if they need to get done
right, so I was wondering if there's a guess as to the timeline involved.  If
it looks like it will be a relatively long time, and there are no objections, I
would be willing to look into twisting it to work with DSpace 1.4.1.

Thanks in advance for any information out there.

Brian Freels-Stendel
Customer Technologies
University Libraries
University of New Mexico