Hi,
I have a dspace 1.3.2 installation that has a requirement for locally
register user access only - ie they have to enter a username and
password to see the content but can do it from anywhere not just on
campus. Don't ask why I am just the poor soul who has to make it happen.

This is proving much more of a headache than expected. I sorted a half
way solution - ie only the browse by pages will appear in standard
google searches. I am hoping to get rid of that when the migration to
1.4 happens.

That was ok but then just when I think I've got it sorted the content
appears on google again or rather html versions of the documents are on
google.scholars.

Can someone enlighten me as to how to stop google scholars doing stuff
that google doesn't. It may well be an issue for others if dspace is
having authentication ignored/bypassed on crawls from google.scholars.
Of course I could be being a bit thick and missing something that is
blindingly obvious to the rest of the world.

Here's hoping you have the answer that I don't

Cheers
Sue Gregson