I have been digging around to find information about sites using load
balancing and/or clustering with their Dspace installations. All I could
find was mention of load balancing web requests to multiple Tomcat instances
using mod_jk.

First some background, and then my question:

What I am looking to do is put my Dspace web servers behind my load balancer
to balance the HTTP requests. The web servers then both load balance their
Tomcat connections via mod_jk to each other, with their own instances being
weighted heavier so that they will prefer localhost.

For the database, for now I'm just using a single Postgres instance. I'm
hoping to get Dspace ported to MySQL to take advantage of my existing MySQL
cluster.

My question is, are there any issues to watch for? Will just rsync'ing the
assetstore between the two web/app servers suffice? Are there any issues
with running multiple handle servers?

Thanks,

Ryan

--
Ryan Ordway                          E-mail:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Unix Systems Administrator             [EMAIL PROTECTED]