OOps. Sorry I opened the FeedServlet.java instead of FeedbackServlet.java.
The NullPointerException is for the line 84

79        String fromPage = request.getHeader("Referer");
80
81        // Prevent spammers and splogbots from poisoning the feedback page
82        String host = ConfigurationManager.getProperty("dspace.hostname");
83
84        if (fromPage.indexOf(host) == -1)

John