We had a situation this morning where we were getting lots of these errors
from dspace. I believe it happened when user attempted to access an item:

Exception:

      at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.subFormat(SimpleDateFormat.java:1049)

      at java.text.SimpleDateFormat.format(SimpleDateFormat.java:882)

the catalina.out file reported this error:

ERROR reading /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/conf/server.xml

At Line 172 /Server/Service/Engine/Host/Context/Resources/

Catalina.start: InvocationTargetException

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Document base
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/ROOT does not exist or is not a readable
directory

I'm just now starting to investigate this, but I'm wondering if any one has
any ideas what this might be. I'll keep you posted as to what I find out.

Thanks!

Jose