The problem is very intriguing and I felt like giving my 2 cents.

I don't even think the problem is where you'll put it or how you'll
integrate such files to DSpace. The main problem is how a regular user
would download such a gigantic file.

My first try would be to use another technology which is focused on
handling such downloads. The best technology I can think of for this
kind of thing is  bit torrent. If I had to do that, I would include on
DSpace just a .torrent file and instruct the users how to download
using the bit torrent protocol (links to free clients, etc.). Not only
it would be way better than a simple http download, but it could
alleviate the strain on your server, which certainly would build up
with such lengthy downloads.

Regards,
Afonso Araujo Neto