________________________________

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Michael
White
Sent: Friday, April 27, 2007 6:23 PM
To: dspace-tech@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Dspace-tech] AD Authentication and Choose login page?

Hi,

I am trying to get Active Directory LDAP integration up and running with
DSpace v1.4.1.

Jayan Chirayath Kurian has kindly provided me with a copy of an
ADAuthentication.java plugin written by Kyle Brenthall (along with
implementation instructions - thanks Kyle, by the way :-) ).

Following Kyle's instructions to Jayan, I have added the plug-in code,
made the required code additions to Utils.java, added the config info to
dspace.cfg, and added ADAuthentication to the authentication plugin
sequence (as the first option followed by PasswordAuthentication).

However, when I now try to access "My DSpace" to test it out, rather
than being presented with a login page, I am getting a "Choose a Login
Method" page, which asks me to 'choose one of these ways to login' -
however there are no options to choose from, so I am not able to
proceed.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong, or what I should be tweaking in order
to get past this screen?

In his email to Jayan, Kyle says "The module uses the 'normal' screen to
gather the username and password", so this is what I'm trying to get at
. . . .

Any thoughts, suggestions, or pointers welcome!

Cheers,

Mike

Michael White
eLearning Developer
Centre for eLearning Development (CeLD)
S7, The Library
University of Stirling
Stirling SCOTLAND
FK9 4LA

Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Tel: +44 (0) 1786 466877
Fax: +44 (0) 1786 466880

http://www.is.stir.ac.uk/celd/

--

The University of Stirling is a university established in Scotland by
charter at Stirling, FK9 4LA. Privileged/Confidential Information may be