On 29/04/07, majx <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>       I have a question about dspace access restriction by IP. The users of
> our dspace application asked us to provide IP access control on some
> collections. They said the metadata can be seen by everyone on internet, but
> only the person whose IP is in a special range can see the
> fulltext(bitstreams).That means all the person whose ip is in the special
> range can see the fulltext without login by email.
>       Would you  please tell me how can I mange it? Thank you.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1566820&group_id=19984&atid=319984
(to be included in DSpace 1.5, but should work with 1.4.x) allows you
to assign IP ranges to groups; then you can give those groups read
permissions on the relevant bitstreams (and remove 'anonymous' read
permissions on them.)

Rob