Hi

(DSpace version 1.4.1)

I have a question about the 'node id' in the controlled
vocabulary .xml file.
We created our own sciences index file to confine the set of keywords
that can be entered in the submission form. When creating that .xml
file I was looking at the supplied Scandinavian examples - and from
that (because in these two examples they are so different !),
concluded that the 'node id' was not actually *doing* something: it
looks merely as some sort of enumeration and I assumed I was free to
use whatever code we use at our institute i.e. use it as a mnemonic.

But I discovered that these controlled vocabularies are also used in
the Subject Search. Unfortunately, it does not seem to work there:
when I do an advanced search on a subject and get a certain result,
clicking the same (or indeed any) box in the Subject Search form does
not retrieve any results.

My gut feeling here is that this 'node id' is thus a bit more than
just an enumeration. But I cannot find anywhere (documents, internet)
what it *should* contain ...

In the submission form (input-forms.xml), the controlled vocabulary
is configured like this:

        <field>
          <dc-schema>dc</dc-schema>
          <dc-element>subject</dc-element>
          <dc-qualifier>lcsh</dc-qualifier>
          <repeatable>true</repeatable>
          <label>Subject Area</label>
          <input-type>onebox</input-type>
          <hint>Enter your subject area of the item below.</hint>
          <required></required>
         <vocabulary>uvsi</vocabulary>
        </field>

Does anyone have a clue?

TIA

Maike Dulk
Programmer / Analyst
McPherson Library, University of Victoria
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

IBM:
        It may be slow, but it's hard to use.