Hi Jimmy,

this is due to the length of chinese or japanese month names.

You may either check out the latest version of
org.dspace.app.webui.util.UIUtil.java from svn

or just replace this line in UIUtil.java

sb.append(DCDate.getMonthName(month).substring(0, 3) + "-");

with

String monthName = DCDate.getMonthName(month,v getSessionLocale(request));
int monthLength = monthName.length();
monthLength = monthLength > 2 ? 3 : monthLength;
sb.append(monthName.substring(0, monthLength) + "-");

If you're working with DSpace in Chinese, it would be great if you could
supply an updated Messages_zh_cn.properties as the one existing is just
an initial stub.

sunny greetings

Claudia Jürgen