Ah yes, that. I think the way in which this is going to surface is going
to be through the pf-dspace project branch in the sandbox repository.
Currently, the branch just contains a copy of the code in SF trunk and
I'm in the process of migrating all the code from 1.4.1 to this branch.
I've been a bit tied up what with DAOs and identifiers recently, but
it's pretty high on my todo list, I can assure you.

The code as a whole more or less works for basic harvesting of qualified
DC metadata, but the more advanced work (eg: on policy based federation
management, selective harvesting, automatic placement of content into
particular collections) has been delayed somewhat. There are several
reasons for the delay, but it basically boils down to the fact that I
only have two hands (ie: we're still interested in doing the work, and
we still think it's a great project).

If anyone wants to help out with the transition to the latest trunk, I'd
be glad of the help, and then it would be available to all (both for
download and contribution) via dspace-sandbox. I'd like to point out
that the code as a whole isn't production ready, but chunks of it are
(including the metadata harvester, the OAI-SQ extension to PMH, etc).

cheers,

Jim

On Thu, Jul 19, 2007 at 01:47:35PM -0400, Robert Tansley wrote:
> The China Digital Museum Project developed a DSpace add-on that can
> use OAI-PMH to harvest metadata + content referred to in the metadata
> from another repository.  I don't know what the state of the code is
> now but Jim Rutherford at HP should know.
>
> Rob

> >Hello,
> >
> >I was wondering if it's possible for Dspace to have a collection imported
> >from another OAI repository? Because I need only one collection from
> >another
> >OAI repository, and it's not suitable at the moment the creation of a
> >portal
> >with a metadata harvest engine.
> >
> >In concrete terms, i would like to know if Dspace can also act as a
> >metadata
> >harvester?
> >
> >Does anyone know if Dspace is somehow prepared for this?
> >

> >Thanks,
> >
> >Marcelo

James Rutherford          |  Hewlett-Packard Limited registered Office:
Research Engineer         |  Cain Road,
HP Labs                   |  Bracknell,
Bristol, UK               |  Berks
+44 117 312 7066          |  RG12 1HN.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  Registered No: 690597 England

The contents of this message and any attachments to it are confidential and
may be legally privileged. If you have received this message in error, you
should delete it from your system immediately and advise the sender. To any
recipient of this message within HP, unless otherwise stated you should
consider this message and attachments as "HP CONFIDENTIAL".