Hi Marcelo:

The sub-community functionality was designed as a single-parent
model. I'd need to study the code/DB schema to see what potential
problems there may be, but one question springs to mind immediately:

What behavior do you want when (one of) the parents is deleted?
Normally DSpace deletes everything below a community (sub-communities,
collections, etc) I assume you would want any sub-community that has
more than one parent to *not* be deleted. Is this true with your
modified code?

Thanks,

Richard R