Hi Jayan,

> (1)  In my repository all items except the single uploaded item (10220/62562)
> are having the default handler (123456789). How to run the
> update-handle-prefix script on Windows? Will this affect the handler service?

You might find it easier to first apply this patch:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1642563&group_id=19
984&atid=319984

This uses Java rather than a Unix shell script to make the changes.

It should not affect the service at all - all it does is change the
identifiers in the database to use your new handle value.

(As always - test first on a backup!)

> (2) The protocol to be enabled for 2641 port is TCP or UDP?

UDP is better if you can.

Thanks,

Stuart

Gwasanaethau Gwybodaeth                      Information Services
Prifysgol Cymru Aberystwyth       University of Wales Aberystwyth

            E-bost / E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                 Ffon / Tel: (01970) 622860